Direct Support Professional
Full Time Direct Support Professional Day
Habilitation Hicksville Program Long Island
Providing training and skill development to a group of Deaf and developmentally disabled adults through community and volunteer experiences.
- Transporting individuals to and from their residence to volunteer sites using agency vehicle.
- Support individuals to establish functional independence in specific skill areas, implement individual’s day habilitation service plan goals and objectives and document their progress.
- Writing brief case notes on a daily and monthly basis regarding the individuals’ progress to insure compliance with the valued outcomes in the Individualized Service Plan (ISP).
- Leads group sessions with individuals and facilitate the discussions to provide learning skills to be used in the community.
- Fluency in American Sign Language
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with people
- Ability to develop a rapport with the individuals of various backgrounds
- Clean and valid New York State Driver’s License
- Associates Degree and/or Bachelor’s Degree
- At least one year experience providing direct care of services to adults with developmental disabilities
- CRP & First Aid trained, SCIP-R trained
Posted: March 9, 2018