Manor House Tours & Events
Step back in time to experience and savor the mansion’s exquisite appointments. Learn about its history – and about the life of Lillian Sefton Dodge and Mill Neck Manor School for the Deaf.
Organized in groups of 25, docent-led tours commence by the 500-year old front doors. The complete tour lasts approximately 90 minutes and does involve some walking and climbing of stairs. Tours are available to the public by appointment only once a month on Sundays (listed below).
For groups of 10 or more and for more information, please contact Special Events Assistant, Jillian Michaelson at 516-628-4241 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
2018 Monthly Tour Dates/Hours:
11 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- Sunday, April 8
- Sunday, May 6
- Sunday, June 10
- Sunday, July 15
- Sunday, August 12
- Sunday, September 9
- Sunday, November 4
2018 Special Tour Dates:
During Apple Festival weekend, Manor House tours are first-come, first-served, pay at the door
- Saturday, October 6* at 11 a.m. and 2 p.m.
- Sunday, October 7* at 11 a.m. and 2 p.m.
Santa’s Workshop at Mill Neck Manor
During Santa’s Workshop at Mill Neck Manor weekends, Manor House tours are first-come, first-served, pay at the door
11 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- Saturday, December 1
- Sunday, December 2
- Saturday, December 8
- Sunday, December 9
* NYS Pathway Through History Registered Event
(Fees must be paid in advance, and are non-refundable.)
- Adult: $25 per person
- Seniors (55+): $20 per person
- Full-Time Students (Valid ID required): $15 per person
- Children (12 & under): $7 per person
- Guided tour of the Manor House
- Light refreshments – includes Mill Neck Manor’s special blend of tea (or iced tea) and homemade scones
- Gift Shop and Walk the grounds
- Some areas of the Manor House may be inaccessible on the day of your visit-
- Tour time is approximately 1.5 hours
- Handicap accessible
- Sign Language Interpreter available by request only (request must be made 1-week in advance of the tour)
- Smoking not permitted on the premises
- Outside food or beverages are not permitted on the premises
- Children and teens must be accompanied by an adult at all times
- NO pets allowed
- NO photography inside the Manor House
Proceeds from tours and special guest speaker events benefit the preservation efforts of the Mill Neck Manor.