Physical Therapist (Leave Replacement)
Position available 2/1/2018 to 5/14/2018
- Plans, organizes, and conducts physical therapy in a school setting to facilitate development
and rehabilitation with school-age children.
- Evaluates and assesses pre-school and school age student’s current functioning level and determines needs as well as reviews all plans on an ongoing basis.
- Coordinates participation in gross motor, educational, recreational, and social activities
designed to help students develop or regain physical functioning.
- Consults with other clinicians to select activity program consistent with needs
and capabilities of student.
- Prepares and maintains written case records, reports, forms, performs case follow-up and closing, and performs other administrative tasks as required.
- Confers with Physician and other practitioners to obtain additional patient information, suggest revisions in treatment program, and integrates physical therapy treatment with other aspects of classroom management.
- Valid Physical Therapist License from the State of New York
- Excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of Sign Language a plus
- Proven ability to work as part of a team
Hours: Monday through Friday, 8:50 to 3:05 pm
Contact: Please send resume and cover letter of intent to Kathleen Lagalante, Director of Human Resources, Mill Neck Manor, 40 Frost Mill Road, Box 12, Mill Neck NY 11765, Fax 516-922-2184 EOE
Posted: January 19, 2018
The Mill Neck Manor School for the Deaf provides quality care and educational services to children who are Deaf and/or communicatively impaired. Our mission is to discover and maximize the child’s potential. We are seeking bright, energetic professionals to become part of our team. We are an equal opportunity employer.