Graphic Designer (Full-Time)
We are looking for an experienced Graphic Designer to join our growing Marketing team on a full-time basis. The Graphic Designer will be responsible for creating layouts and designs for printed materials, advertising campaigns, marketing collateral and other published materials for print, digital and social media channels. The ideal candidate should have an eye for clean and artful design that is in line with the Mill Neck Family of Organizations’ brand.
- Execute all visual graphic design stages from concept to final hand-off
- Establish and enforce design guidelines, best practices and standards
- Collaborate with Copy Writer/Editor to ensure consistent implementation of the organization’s mission, logo and marketing message in design elements
- Track emerging technologies/industry trends and apply them to all graphic design operations
- Work closely with marketing team, as well as department heads for all organizations to determine marketing collateral needs
- Coordinate with Marketing and Donor Relations teams to match visual design intent
- Work collaboratively with key administrators and staff to enhance the organization’s image
- Contribute to on- and off-campus photography needs, including archiving of photographs
- Prepare all documents and digital files for printing
- Archive press clips and printed materials
- Develop other special projects, such as PowerPoint presentations and conference displays as needed
- Willingness to participate in conferences and community events promoting the Mill Neck Family of Organizations
- Willingness to provide assistance during special events and tours (including some evening and weekend hours)
- Willingness to learn American Sign Language
- Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design or related discipline
- At least two-years of proven working experience in graphic design
- Demonstrable graphic design skills with a strong portfolio
- Strong organizational skills to juggle multiple tasks within the constraints of timelines and budgets
- Effective communication skills to work within a team
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively
- Ability to receive and apply constructive criticism
- Experience with WordPress templates
- Up-to-date with the latest graphic design trends, techniques and software
- Must be proficient MS Word Products and Adobe products, such as: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Dreamweaver, etc.
- Industry certifications are a plus
- Digital design experience is a plus
The mission of Mill Neck Foundation is to enhance the quality of life for people who are Deaf or who have other special needs, through excellence in individually designed educational, vocational or spiritual programs and services.
The Mill Neck Family of Organizations is composed of Mill Neck Manor School for the Deaf, Mill Neck Services, Inc., Mill Neck Services Center for Hearing Health, Mill Neck Interpreter Services, Mill Neck Foundation, Inc. and Lutheran Friends of the Deaf, Inc.