Employment Specialist (Per Diem)
“Far and away the best prize that life has to offer is the chance to work hard at work worth doing.” – Theodore Roosevelt
Mill Neck Services has opportunities for energetic and enthusiastic Employment Specialist to join a team of dedicated professionals who provide transformative employment services to individuals who are Deaf and/or have additional disabilities. Work with these individuals through all phases of job search through on the job training, empowering them to recognize their abilities and talents and demonstrate these to the community at large.
Ideal candidate is proficient in American Sign Language with BA/BS, has excellent communication skills and wants to make a difference- one job at a time. Job developing / sales experience or business background is a plus. Must possess at least an AA/AS degree, excellent communication skills and be computer literate. Must possess a passion for assisting individuals to achieve personal vocational outcomes and provide person centered supports.
We offer a flexible work schedule and tremendous opportunities for professional growth, but require the ability and willingness to work weekend and evening/night hours as needed. Must be able to work in NYC metro area at times. For Long Island locations, a valid driver’s license and dependable car is needed. Assume responsibility for client files, maintaining appropriate and contemporaneous documentation and materials relative to their employment.
Please send resume and cover letter to:
Director of Human Resources
40 Frost Mill Road
Mill Neck, NY 11765
- Provide employment services to individuals who are deaf and / or have additional disabilities, through all phases of job search through on the job training and extended services as needed to maintain employment.
- Assist clients develop employment plans based on appraisals of aptitudes, interests and personality characteristics and to plan accordingly
- Contact businesses to determine needs and explain placement services
- Arrange interviews and facilitate placement
- Work with clients to master their job duties and responsibilities, understand their compensation, benefits, work schedules, policies and workplace expectations.
- Develop and maintain contacts with businesses, educational institutions and other sources for future placements.
- Prepare and maintain contemporaneous written case records, reports, perform case follow-up and other administrative tasks as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Services or Related Area preferred. Will Accept AA / AS Degree
- Excellent communication skills
- Fluency in American Sign Language (ASL)
- Proven ability to work as part of team
- Computer Literate (knowledge of MS Excel, Word)
- Valid Driver’s License and reliable car ( For Long Island)
- Ability to work in NYC / Boroughs.
- MUST be available and willing to work weekends / nights as needed
- Must possess a passion for assisting individuals to achieve personal vocational outcomes and provide person centered supports