The Office of Advancement at the Mill Neck Family of Organizations is seeking a proactive, organized team player to join a dynamic, very busy department that is responsible for external and internal communications. This includes, but is not limited to, event planning, fundraising, marketing, print and online materials. Some experience in Communications, Marketing and/or Public Relations preferred. Individual must be willing to pitch in when and where needed. 12 – 15 hours/week, $12/hour.
- Experience with Windows-based operating system
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, MS Office and Adobe Acrobat
- Familiar with graphic design basics (typography, color, layout)
- Strong writing and editing
- Basic digital photography skills
- Email/online marketing (knowledge of Constant Contact a plus)
- Ability to follow through on, and prioritize assignments, is a must
- Simple retouching/photo editing in Photoshop
- Layout revisions in InDesign
- Writing press releases, short articles and photo captions
- Assist with creating e-blasts, e-newsletters and other online communications as needed
- Assist with photographing various campus events
The Mill Neck Family of Organizations, located in the North Shore village of Mill Neck, is a recognized leader in education and employment services for the Deaf on Long Island. Since 1947, our mission is to enhance the quality of life for people who are Deaf, or have other special needs, through excellence in individually designed educational, vocational and spiritual programs and services.
The Mill Neck Family includes:
Mill Neck Manor School for the Deaf, Mill Neck Manor Early Childhood Center, Mill Neck Services, Inc., Mill Neck Services Center for Hearing Health, Mill Neck Interpreter Service, Mill Neck Foundation and Lutheran Friends of the Deaf (our founding organization).
Email a brief introduction and resume attachment to: firstname.lastname@example.org