Mill Neck Interpreter Service (MNIS) is a non-profit agency that provides Sign Language interpreters throughout Long Island and the New York Metropolitan Area, 24 hours a day, seven days a week. With over 25 years of experience, MNIS provides a skilled, professional staff of hearing and Deaf interpreters for any situation requiring communication between Deaf and hearing people.
Mill Neck Interpreter Service provides interpreters for a wide variety of settings, including:
Mental Health | Legal | Business | Educational | Government |
Non-profit organizations | Conferences | Religious | Theatrical | Vocational Training
Legal Obligations: To view legal obligations, please click here.
Professionalism and Confidentiality: All MNIS interpreters must adhere to the NAD-RID Code of Professional Conduct.
To view this code, please click here.
If you are unable to access the request form above, please click here to download a printable PDF form and fax it to (516) 512-6336.
Address: Mill Neck Interpreter Service, 40 Frost Mill Road, P.O. Box 229, Mill Neck, NY 11765
Phone: 516-512-6222 (9AM to 5PM) | VP: 516-628-6034 | Fax: 516-512-6336
After Hours: 800-235-2594 (5PM to 9AM) | Email: email@example.com
Emergency Requests between 5PM and 9AM: call 1-800-235-2594
John Saal – Executive Director of Operations
Loretta Murray, Esq. – Executive Director of Policy, Planning & Advocacy
Lindsay Byrne – Department Manager
Elizabeth Kohn – Senior Coordinator
Annmarie Stamatatos – Coordinator
Suzanne Jakab – Accounts Payable & Receivable
Why Use MNIS Sign Language Interpreters?
- All interpreters are required to be nationally Certified or screened through MNIS by experienced, Certified interpreters.
- MNIS is a non-profit agency that is a segment of Mill Neck Services for Deaf Adults that provides over 20 different services for the Deaf community.
Mill Neck Interpreter Service has implemented a benevolent fund with the goal of providing the community with interpreting services in situations that are not covered under the ADA. The fund will be available for Mill Neck to use in order to pay the interpreter their fee at no cost to the Deaf or hearing consumer. There are two options available: you can contribute a specific dollar amount that you feel comfortable with or make contributions that will be automatically withdrawn from your bi-weekly pay check. For more information, please contact Loretta Murray, Director at firstname.lastname@example.org or Kathleen Lagalante at email@example.com.
“Mill Neck is reliable, courteous and highly professional in all of their interactions with our department. We take serving the needs of our students very seriously, and can always count on Mill Neck interpreters and representatives to meet those needs without question.”
“Our facility has been utilizing Mill Neck Interpreter Service to assist our hearing impaired patients since 1998. We have found the interpreters from this agency to be punctual, professional and compassionate. The office staff at Mill Neck are very reliable and are great about scheduling even last minute sign language interpreters for emergency situations. We are very happy with Mill Neck and look forward to working with them for many years to come.”
– Jackie Mohr, Department Secretary of Social Work, Jamaica Hospital Medical Center
- RID – Registry of Interpreters for the Deaf
- LIRD – Long Island Registry of Interpreters for the Deaf
- Metro RID – New York City Metro RID
- NAD – National Association of the Deaf
- ASLTA – American Sign Language Teachers Association
- NAOBI – National Alliance of Black Interpreters
- CIT – Conference of Interpreter Trainers
- Mano a Mano
- Gallaudet Interpreting Program
- LaGuardia Community College – Interpreter Certificate Program
- Bloomsburg University – ASL/English Interpretation Program
- Northeastern University – ASL/English Interpreter Program
- Suffolk County Community College – AAS ASL/English Interpreting