Notice of Race for 2014
“Sail the Sound for Deafness”
Benefiting the Mill Neck Family of Organizations
August 7, 2014
- The Regatta will be governed by the Racing Rules of Sailing.
- The Organizing Authority is Oak Cliff Yacht Center LLC.
Eligibility and Entry
- Yachts designed or constructed before 1980 including replicas of Classic Yachts are eligible to request an entry.
- Entries will be accepted at: http://www.millneck.org
- Entries shall close on July 31st
- To enter the regatta with (4) entries to the Mill Neck Manor House Cocktail Party, Early Bird Special $290 by July 10th. (After July 10th, $390 per boat) Payment can be made online, cash, check or credit card (VISA, MasterCard, AMEX or Discovercard).
- Additional tickets for the Manor House Cocktail Party can be purchased separately. Early Bird Special $50 pp. (After July 10th, $75 pp)
- Complimentary mooring will be provided to registered entrants on a first come first served basis
Thursday, August 7, 2014
5:00 Oyster Bay Marine Center: Check-in begins, Launch to Classics
5:00 The Waterfront Center: Check-in begins, Spectator Boats
5:45 Warning Signal for Race
8:00 Cocktail Party at Mill Neck Manor
- The sailing instructions are posted at http://www.oakcliffsailing.org/racing/classics-racing and copies will be given to participants at the check-in at the Oyster Bay Marine Center
- The race area will be Oyster Bay, Cold Spring Harbor and Long Island Sound.
- The after party (separate ticket) will be held at Mill Neck Manor House.
- To receive a rating and a start time, entry must be received no later than July 25th. This can be done on line at the time of registration.
- The race is a pursuit race and thus the finishes at the finish line are the finish positions.
- All boats must be equipped with a working VHF radio, either fixed or handheld to aid in race management communication.
- Vessels shall monitor VHF 71
- Starting Signals will be made from Race Committee aboard Caper with staggered starts based on handicap with starting signals announced on VHF Channel 71.
Start between SCYC Flag Pole and G‐5 to F‐7 (port) to G‐1 (port) to F‐7 (starboard) to finish between SCYC Flag Pole and G‐5 – (see attached map of Oyster Bay). 4.0 miles
- Prizes will be awarded to at least the top three finishers.
- The “Sail the Sound for Deafness” Regatta is raising money for the departments within the Mill Neck Family of Organizations (Deaf Education, Early Childhood education for preschoolers with special needs, Services for Deaf adults and Audiology awareness for the community.) Prizes will also be awarded to the Cause (Department within the Mill Neck Family of Organization) & Classic generating the most money and top three individuals or groups raising the most money.
- Special rate accommodations is available through the Oakcliff Sailing
For more information, please contact Nancy Leghart at firstname.lastname@example.org or Bill Simon at email@example.com